Online Talk [2CPD]: “How to use Intellectual Property for Engineers to their benefit during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic”
ONLINE TECHNICAL TALK:
“How to use Intellectual Property for Engineers to their benefit during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic”
Date : 21 Oct 2020 (Wed)
Time : 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Venue : Online Platform
Details of Online Login ID will be provided after registration
The COVID-19 pandemic is changing how businesses are being operated. There is a shift in technology, where some technologies are growing fast while others are facing slowdown. This talk shall provide insight what technologies are outpacing others; and how you, as an engineer or technology manager, can leverage IP strategies to set your R&D direction, build relevant IP portfolio and benefit from your IP portfolio during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
Bryan has 12 years’ experience in Intellectual Property (IP) in one of the largest IP consulting firm in Malaysia. He has applied & registered hundreds of patents and industrial designs (ID) in Malaysia and overseas. Prior to IP, he was an Advanced Applications Engineer with Altera Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd for 6 years, in the field of FPGA.
Registered Patent Agent and Registered ID Agent with MyIPO; and Registered Plant Variety Protection (PVP) Agent.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, majoring in Mechatronics from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia. Graduated in 2002. Expertise in Robotics, Embedded Control, Machine Learning (ML).
MBA from the University of South Australia. Graduated in 2009.
Certified Professional Trainer under Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF).
Bryan majors in medical devices, CleanTech, IOT, AI and many others.
He has consulted local and overseas MNCs, PLCs, governments, universities, and associations; and has conducted numerous workshops and public talks on IP and innovation to companies, universities, business associations, exhibitions and seminars.
R E G I S T R A T I O N
- Closing Date: Registration should reach us latest by 19 Oct 2020 or when registration is full, whichever is earlier.
- Last minute registration will NOT be accepted.
- Registered member participant shall attend the seminar himself/herself personally. In the event a representative has been sent to attend, the representative must be a member of the same grade, otherwise the difference in registration fee must be paid before admission is allowed.
- Attendance by representative will not be issued with the Certificate of Attendance.
- Participants are to login with FULL NAME as verification of Attendance for the whole duration of the event.
- Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If fail to attend the event, the fee paid will not be refunded.
Registration with Payment: on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis.
IEM Student / Graduate / IEM Senior >65 yrs old
Internet banking (GIRO) / Cash / Cheque make payable to “The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia” and bank-in to: CIMB BANK Account #: 80 0762026 7
*** Please e-mail Registration Form together with payment slip to us for our confirmation.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
I have read and understood the IEM’s Personal Data Protection Notice published on IEM’s website at http://www.myiem.org.my; and I agree to IEM’s use and processing of my personal data as set out in the said notice.